Recipe of the Month
Lindita’s Green Chile
- 2 -3 lbs. cubed pork (or chicken)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 28oz can fire roasted whole tomatoes with juice
- Crush or mash tomatoes by hand
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups ~ roasted peeled (remove seeds) chopped green chile peppers, I prefer medium heat chiles
In a medium to large stock pot, heat oil and add pork until browned. Add flour to coat meat until carmel brown. Add I cup water, onions, garlic and spices….stir well. Add 3 cups water, tomatoes, and chilies. Stir and simmer for 20 minutes. I like to slowly cook for a couple of hours if I’m not in a rush.
Serve with warm tortillas, quesadillas or corn bread.